We set this page up to be able to help people who are looking to buy a static Caravan or Lodge.
We are not connected to any holiday parks or holiday companies. Our advice is completely unbiased and we will help you to decide whether buying a static caravan or Lodge is the right move for you and your family. Since our team has a combined 75 years experience within the Holiday Park industry our advice is priceless and will save you precious time and money.
Step By Step Guide
- First and foremost, do you know which area you would like your holiday home to be on? Do you prefer a coastal location or a rural location?
- Do you have a budget to buy your Caravan or Lodge?
- Do you want to take out finance to buy your Caravan or Lodge?
- Once you have answered these questions, the next step is to look up all the Parks in your chosen area.
- Make a list of the facilities you would like a Park to offer, before you visit the park. For example, do you want a swimming pool, children’s facilities (such as a play park) or family entertainment? Are shops, sports amenities, close by activities like fishing or golf, an essential? Or do you just want a quiet and relaxing park where there are no facilities, simply local country pubs and walks?
- Once you have answered these answers then it is time to visit parks of your choice. You may want to check these out prior to visiting on our website (under Companies Listing) and then follow this up by a visit.
- Once at the park be sure to take a casual walk around the park first. Look at some of the caravans that are already owned. Take a close look at the care the park team take of the grounds and gardens. Find out what awards the park has and what, if any, star grading the park holds (this can be anything from a 3 star to a 5 star rating).
- Once you are satisfied with all these points and you have had a browse around the park itself, you will get a feel of whether the park is for you or not. If you feel confident that the park is for you, then you have two options open to you.
- You can buy from the park or you can look for any private sales that are on offer at the park (you may have already highlighted some options selected from our website).
- Things to consider asking before you view any caravans or lodges: How much are the site fees and rates per year? Is the park on bottled gas or mains gas? If this purchase is for holiday purposes, what is the park´s holiday licence (most are 1st March – 31 Oct, however there are many holiday parks with a 12 month Licence which means you can use the caravan or lodge for 12 months of the year). Please note that if it is only a holiday licence the park has, your caravan or lodge CANNOT become your main residence. You must have a legal UK Residential address and the park will ask for a council tax bill or driving licence as proof of your UK residential address.
- Ask if the park is registered with the British Holiday Home & Park Association, and ask for the code of practise.
Viewing Caravans/Lodges that belong to the Park
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- Does your budget allow for a new or a used Caravan or Lodge?
- If you take out finance, what are the rates, and how long is the finance for? What will the final price be for finance? Please use our calculator on the home page for a simulation.
- Do you want double glazing and central heating?
- What location or "pitch" of the Park can you put your caravan or lodge on?
- Ask whether there is a difference in site fees for different parts of the park.
- Will you be allowed to let your Caravan or Lodge out?( Some parks do not allow subletting )
- If you decide to buy, ask how much the initial deposit is, and also ask, if you change your mind within 48 hours, is the deposit refundable.
- If the Caravan or Lodge needs any repairs, ask if they will be done before you move in.
- If you like a certain area of the park but there are no pitches available at the time, ask if they will do you a free move to a preferred area when a pitch becomes available.
- If you decide to buy a caravan or lodge. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY THE PARK MANAGER. WE DO MEAN EVERYTHING, such as the repairs that have been agreed to, moving to another area of the park when a pitch is available, site fees, rates etc.
Whatever Caravan or Lodge you buy on whatever Park you choose, remember this is a life changing decision that you want to enjoy for many years to come.
We hope this guide has been of help to you. if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to call us and we will talk through your options with you. Alternatively fill out the contact us form with your queries and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
FINALLY ENJOY YOUR NEW CARAVAN OR LODGE :)